Birchwood Lodge: 2021 Operating Principles and Practices Related to Covid19 Pandemic
The following operating principles, rules and guidelines have been adopted in accordance with Federal, State, and Local authorities as well as best practices. These operating principles will remain in effect for the foreseeable future, but they are subject to change and modification dependent on changing conditions and governmental direction. Our primary goal is to provide a safe, healthy and enjoyable place to stay during your visit to Door County. Here are some of the actions we are taking to accomplish this goal.
The following operating principles, rules and guidelines have been adopted in accordance with Federal, State, and Local authorities as well as best practices. These operating principles will remain in effect for the foreseeable future, but they are subject to change and modification dependent on changing conditions and governmental direction.
Birchwood Lodge’s primary goal is to provide a safe, healthy and enjoyable place to stay during your visit to Door County. Here are some of the actions we are taking to accomplish this goal.
- Wearing of face masks is mandatory for any indoor common areas excluding the guest hotel rooms
- Check in time is 4:00 pm and check out time is 11:00 am
- A plexiglass “sneeze barrier” has been installed at the front desk
- Front desk operating hours will be 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. There is a 5-person maximum capacity in the lobby (with proper social distancing) at any point in time.
- Sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the Lodge and will be checked, maintained, restocked and disinfected every morning
- Room registrations and reservations payments could be transacted on your mobile device prior to your arrival in order to eliminate crowding and excessive contact in the lobby area
- WIFI credit card processing terminals would be available for use at our Front Desk with PCI and WPP security standards in place
- We respectfully request that all guests wear face masks/coverings when they are present in indoor public areas of the Lodge (lobby, hallways, elevator, stairwells, etc.)
- The Lodge will limit the number of guests in residence based upon our capacity to properly serve our guests and to clean and disinfect the premises
- There will be a minimum 24 hour gap between consecutive reservations in individual units
- All central air filters were upgraded to HEPE quality MERV 13 filters.
- Birchwood staff members who have a fever or other symptoms of Covid-19 will not be allowed to work. Staff members will be subject to daily temperature checks.
- All staff members will be trained in, and committed to, best practices in cleaning, disinfecting, personal hygiene and proper use of PPE
- Daily housekeeping service will not be provided on guest stays shorter than 3 nights. On longer stays housekeeping will be provided in the middle of the stay, but only while the room is vacant. Housekeeping supplies (towels, soaps, shampoo, etc.) can be requested at any time during your stay and will be left at the door to the unit.
- At present, the work out room, game room, whirlpool and sauna will be closed
- Access to the outdoor pool (within the fenced area) will be limited to ten persons at any one time. If it becomes necessary, we will institute a sign-up sheet for pool time.
- We will be closing outdoor pool for the season on 09/16/2020.
- Access to the indoor pool will be limited to seven persons at any one time. If it becomes necessary, we will institute a sign-up sheet for pool time.
- Continental breakfast is discontinued based on CDC and WEDC rules/guidelines
- Other common areas in the Lodge (meeting rooms, public restrooms, lounge areas, etc.) are closed until further notice
- Dishes and silverware will be removed from the lodge units that do not have an in-unit dishwasher. Guests are encouraged to bring their own paper and disposable products.
- Bedspreads, bed skirts and pillow shams will be removed from all units in accordance with CDC and WEDC rules/guidelines
- We will Increase the frequency and amount of cleaning/disinfecting public areas in accordance with CDC/WEDC guidelines
- Maximum 2 people (4 if they are all from the same family) are allowed at any time on the tennis court. Sign-up in advance is required. Bikes are available and will be wiped down after each use.
Birchwood Lodge encompasses a world of romance and elegance that surrounds you from the moment you walk in. The luxurious romantic suites are equipped with double Jacuzzi whirlpools, fireplaces, king-sized beds and private balconies. The Lodge is conveniently located within leisurely walking distance of downtown Sister Bay…
For Birchwood Lodge reservations, please call (866) 854-7195 or visit onine at birchwoodlodge.com.