Dog Friendly Lodging Options in Door County, Wisconsin
WOOF! This Vacation is for the Dogs!
Your dog is your friend, your family, your cuddle-buddy, and a tough part of life to leave behind when you go on vacation. When you just can’t leave you best bud at home, book a pet-friendly room from the list of fabulous pet-friendly lodgings below and explore the Door together!
Most pet-friendly properties will have their own guidelines for staying with your dog and you should be aware of their policies before bringing a pet. A small nightly fee or cleaning fee in addition to the room rate usually applies. Some properties are only Open In-Season while others are Open Year-Round.
Remember that Pet-Friendly properties and rooms often fill up farther in advance and may not always be available for last minute lodging, so make sure to plan ahead when traveling with your furry friends!
10 Tips for Travelling with your Furry Friends
- Always book your reservation by phone if planning to bring your dog, this will help to clear up misunderstandings and ensure you get a pet-friendly room.
- Some breeds unfortunately may not be welcome at all properties.
- Some properties have limits on the age, weight, or number of dogs allowed in one room.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination may be required.
- Dogs must be kept on leash at all times for the safety and comfort of all guests unless otherwise indicated by the property.
- Certain areas of the property may or may not allow dogs, and certain areas may be designated for waste relief, but guests with dogs are always responsible for picking up after them. If you are unsure of an area, it’s always a good idea to ask!
- You will be held responsible for any damage or liability to the property or persons caused by your dog.
- Dogs must NOT be left unattended in guestrooms unless cleared with the front desk, both for the safety of hotel staff and property, and to avoid noise issues from barking.
- Multiple noise or disruption complaints may lead to the necessity for alternative arrangements for your dog. A variety of Kennels are available for your pet if you need alternate accommodations or a day care while you are out exploring! Appletree Pet Lodge, Pet Pleasures, Idlewild Kennel, Door County Kennels, Birchwood Kennels
- Always leave your cell phone number with the front desk in the event that they would need to contact you regarding your dog.
Dog Friendly Dining on the Door!
- Gibralter Grill in Fish Creek – Outdoor dining, includes fresh water and complimentary dog treat.
- Mink River Basin in Ellison Bay – Dog friendly outside patio. *Open Year-Round
- Not Licked Yet in Fish Creek – Burgers, frozen custard and a special “Canine Custard Cone.”
For more Dog Friendly restaurants, parks, shops, and kennels or day care facilities (in case you make plans that don’t include your dog), please visit Beachfront Inn’s “Vacationing with Fido” and Country House Resort’s “Riley’s Recommendations”; and click the following link to check out more information about these Dog Friendly Hotels!
Still need help finding a room?
RING THE BELL
to use our FREE Emai Concierge Service to inquire about your specific dates and lodging needs!
NEED A ROOM FOR TONIGHT OR TOMORROW? Call Door County Lodging’s toll-free number: 1-844-DCINFO1 or 1-844-324-6361