Feb.17 & 18, 2017 Short Film Fest, Sister Bay
The 8th annual Door County Short Film Fest will be held this weekend in Sister Bay! Featuring films from 2 to 20 minutes, created by filmmakers both amateur and profession, an All Access Pass to the shows on both Friday and Saturday costs just $5 and includes free popcorn.
Friday, Feb. 17, 2017 Schedule:
- 6:30pm: Opening Night in Sister Bay Village Hall
- 7:00pm: Premiere of Eagle Tower short film
- 7:15pm: The Adventure’s of Neutron the Cat short film
- 7:30-9pm: “The Emissary” – Door County’s own SciFi film by Tim Erskine
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
Selected short films from around the world, all-day-long, with brief intermissions for drinks and popcorn. Short presentation and Q & A with Mark Ang, filmmaker and director of the renowned Windows of Formosa Film Festival in Taiwan. Doors open at 1:30pm. Don’t go hungry or thirsty – visit the Stabbur (craft beer) & Wild Tomato (wood-fired pizza) pop-ups. Each Time Slot will be followed by a short INTERMISSION before the next round of films begins.
- 2:00pm: Dear Anima by Robin Shieh; Operation Wolf Patrol: Wisconsin Wildlife Issues by Joseph Brown; Josie’s Coat by Roy Parker; The French Goodbye | Rugs by Tony Mendoza; and Ten Spotting by Eric Goska
- 3:30ish: Bombing by Gloria Mercer; Driving Change in the Driftless Area by Kathleen Van Kirk; CODE BLUE by Jordan Schroeter; That Time, You and I by Nella Citino; and Motivated by Craig Knitt
- 5:00ish: Richard’s 32nd by Drew Britton; MUSCLE by Johnny Sanchez; Red Butt by Yun Jen Yeh; Meatball Assassino by Julia Smith; Notorious Corn by Mallory Grolleau; The Kids Are Asleep by Charles Klein; Happy Birthday Kevin by John Psathas; Replace by Mark Ang
- 7:00ish (The following films contain Mature Content***) Where the Great Spirits Live by Melonie Gartner; Gags by Adam Krause; Shimmer by Komin Lin
Who will win the 2017 Golden Mug, created by Gills Rock Stoneware artists Judy and Larry “Thor” Thoreson?!
Feb. 18, 2017 Fire & Ice Sturgeon Bay
Sturgeon Bay‘s Fire and Ice Festival returns on Saturday, Feb. 18th at 9am as the citywide snow and ice carving competition kicks off. Wander through town all day to see artists from beginner to professional create unique and transitory sculptures in front of local businesses. Pick up your event map at local businesses or at the Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center and stop to shop, eat, or grab a hot drink to carry and sip as you explore, then vote for your favorite carving with the ballot in your map! Are you artistic? Want to try your hand at cold carving? Contact the SBVC to sign up! No experience necessary, tools available (by refundable deposit) and cash prizes will be awarded!
An annual tradition, the Fire & Ice Dinner, Dance and Silent Auction starts at 6pm at Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay. Put on your dancing shoes for Bookie & the Yo-Yoz playing from 8:30pm-Midnight (and don’t forget to book a room so you don’t have to drive!) Formal attire is optional. For tickets and additional information visit SBVC on 3rd Avenue, or call (920) 743-6246.
Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI: Feb. 17-19, 2017
Bridgeport Resort in the center of historic Sturgeon Bay offers an array of on-site recreational amenities including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pools with an indoor splash park and playground for the kids, a whirlpool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Rooms are still available this weekend!
- Fire & Ice Package (Available February 17-19, 2017 *Reservations Required by Feb. 14th, 2017): Two night package! Friday Night Entertainment and an Exclusive Welcome Reception with Hors d’oeuvres and Live Music from 6:30 to 8:30pm. Saturday, Visit the Unique Sturgeon Bay Shops and Entertainment Venues while Observing the Transformation of Ice Blocks into Works of Art then Celebrate at the Fire and Ice Dinner Dance Stone Harbor Resort: Cocktails at 6pm with Dinner at 7pm. Complimentary Breakfast Sunday
Packages not valid with any other feature or promotion. Subject to Advance Reservations, Black-out dates, and Availability. Excludes holiday and festival weekends unless otherwise specified. All Suites Include: In Room Whirlpool, Snack Bar or Full Kitchen, King Bed, Hair Dryer, TV and DVD Player, Glasses and Silverware, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Iron and Ironing Board and a Guest Service Directory. http://www.bridgeportresort.net (920) 746-9919 or (800) 671-9190
Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay offers rooms and suites with whirlpools, fireplaces, balconies, separate bedrooms, and/or full kitchens, as well as resort amenities including a 21 slip marina, indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi and sauna, a hot tub, free WiFi, business center, on-site dining, and live entertainment nearly every weekend (see poster for details)! Rooms are available this weekend with no minimum stay requirement! Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.stoneharbor-resort.com/ (920) 746-0700
Birchwood Lodge in Sister Bay is located within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bars, recreation, a grocery store and the beach/marina/waterfront park in Sister Bay! For February 14th: We have Premier Suites, Grand One Bedroom Suites, Grand Two Bedroom Suite (2 night minimum) and Village Homes (2 night minimum). For this weekend, February 17th & 18th: We have one Two Bedroom Village Home available (2 night minimum), and Premier Suites ONLY available for Friday, February 17th. Still looking for a Romantic Getaway? Check out these great lodging packages:
- Romantic Getaway Package: Let the helpful staff of the Birchwood Lodge handle the details for you, so you can spend more time with that special someone. When you enter your suite, which includes a king bed, double Jacuzzi whirlpool, and gas fireplace, a beautiful hand-picked flower bouquet, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate truffles, and scented bath salts will be waiting for you. We’ll make your reservation at elegant Alexander’s Restaurant, and a gift certificate for $40.00 toward dinner is included. Package price is $85/plus tax added to the room rate.
- Wine & Dine Package: Spend an afternoon on a guided wine tour for two at Door Peninsula Winery. See the old school building and listen to the success story of the winery. Select the wine you like with a $20 Winery Gift Certificate. Be a guest to a romantic evening of dining at Alexander’s Restaurant with a $70 Gift Certificate. Snack on goodies provided in your Cheese and Cracker basket, then toast with your winery tour selected wine in your room after a busy day. Package price is $115 plus tax added to the room rate.
Premier Suites have one king bed, one queen size sleeper sofa, full bath, double whirlpool tub, gas fireplace, kitchenette, private deck/balcony. Village Homes have one king size bed in the master suite with a full, attached bath, twin beds or a queen size bed in the guest suite and another full bath, a full kitchen, in-unit laundry, a queen size sleeper sofa, a sitting area with a gas fireplace, a dining area, TV’s/DVD players, and a private deck/balcony. We have an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a tennis court, an exercise room, free Wi-Fi and we also offer a continental breakfast each morning. Please call for more information or visit online! http://birchwoodlodge.com/ (920) 854-7195 or (866) 854-7195
The Hilltop Inn is located just steps away from downtown Fish Creek, one of the most popular villages in the county. The Hilltop Inn’s spacious, deluxe town-homes place you at the doorstep of all Door County has to offer. Town-homes are pet-free and smoke-free. The Hilltop Inn has everything you need to enjoy your Door County vacation, including in-room whirlpools and fireplaces, full kitchens, and WiFi. Weekly discounts available. We have rooms open for all dates in February at this time, and we are running a Valentines month promo which includes a 2 night stay for 2, $50 dinner certificate for The English Inn, a box of candy, and a bottle of wine. Package cost is $269. Available throughout February. http://hilltopinndc.com/ (920) 868-3556 or (888) 868-3556
The Shoreline Resort is located on the top of the Door Peninsula in Gills Rock and offers stunning views of the Green Bay Waters and that sense of seclusion that helps you escape everyday life. Luxury condominiums are available this weekend with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, a master suite, gas fireplace, full kitchens, granite counter tops, stainless appliances and a patio/deck overlooking the waterfront. Onsite Marina and water view rooms invite you to stretch out on their sun deck and relax. Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.theshorelineresort.com/ (920) 854-2900 *PET-FRIENDLY W/ APPROVAL
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort in Sturgeon Bay is located on scenic Bay Shore Drive just 3 miles from shops, restaurants, scenic parks and a variety of attractions. Rooms and suites are available for Valentine’s night Feb. 14th as well as for this Friday night Feb. 17th (sorry, full on the 18th!) We are currently offering our Nature of Romance Package (Valid thru March 26, 2017 excepting Feb. 10-18, 2017). Enjoy a two night stay in a waterview suite. When you arrive, you will receive $50 gift certificate good for dinner at the Nightingale Restaurant, a bouquet of flowers in your suite, a basket from Heaven Scent Gardens with massage oil, bath salts, two bars of handmade soap, loofa and lip balm and a gift certificate for $25 from the Door County Visitor Bureau. Please call for current prices. Westwood Shores offers one and two bedroom suites featuring whirlpools, fireplaces and kitchens and a breathtaking view of the bay from every suite. On-site amenities include indoor/outdoor heated swimming pools, whirlpool, sauna, fitness center. Free property wide WiFi too! http://www.westwoodshores.net/ (920) 746-4057 or (800) 440-4057
The Shallows Resort in Egg Harbor has their private home rental, The Falun House, available for the weekend of Feb. 17-19 (4 night minimum stay). Located just off the end of Alpine Golf Course, the Falun House is a beautiful ranch style home with all you need for a relaxing family vacation. The Falun House features an open concept living room, dining room and kitchen. This open area is highlighted by a beautiful Door County stone fireplace. The full kitchen contains a dishwasher, refrigerator, range and microwave. Off the dining area, a patio door leads to a deck with a gas grill and picnic table. The master suite has a king bed, newly remodeled bath with tiled shower. The second and third bedrooms both feature queen beds. A full bath with tub/shower is located right down the hall. A bonus bunk room suitable for children or adults expands the sleeping space to eight. Amenities include a 42″ HD TV, DVD, Cable TV with HBO, and WiFi. Rates from $200-225 per night September—May. Please call for information or visit online! http://www.shallows.com/accommodations/private-homes-and-cottages/falun-house (920) 868-3458 or (800) 257-1560
AppleCreek Resort is located at the top of the hill in Fish Creek and has various rooms to choose from. We are located across from unique shops, & dining; by gorgeous Peninsula State Park; and few minutes to wineries, theaters, galleries and Peninsula Art School. Suites have a private whirlpool and fireplace! For availability arriving 02/14/2017 with departure on 02/15/2017 CLICK HERE. For availability arriving 02/17/2017 with departure on 02/19/2017 CLICK HERE to see all availability of different room styles on our website! All of our packages include: 10% discount at The English Inn‘s Friday Fish Fry and at Orchard Country Winery and Market; 5% discount at Renards Cheese; 10% discount at Hide Side Corner Store and at O’Meara’s Irish Shop; and a $5.00 gift card for Curt’s Oilerie & Spice Co. (All coupons only valid according to each establishment’s hours of operation during your stay.) We also feature a wonderful Indoor pool, whirlpool and sundeck. http://www.applecreekresort.com/ (920) 868-3525 or (800) 569-0059
Door County Lighthouse Vacation Rentals has options available this weekend: We have two Ridgewood Bluff first floor units which have 2 bedrooms with one or two baths depending which condo you choose. The view of the village and the sunset over the bay is outstanding! These two condos have an outdoor swimming pool. We also have our Off the Beaten Path 4 unit apartment building which is pet friendly with approval. Each unit has 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, living & dining area, with one bath. The Kornerstone unit on the upper level also has a fireplace. These units have patios or decks and is a great option for groups or multiple families. These rentals have a 3 night minimum stay and a 10% discount on any reservation of 5 nights or more. We do require a 50% deposit at time of booking and final payment when you arrive. Rates range from $175—$290 per night plus tax depending which property meets your needs. The registration office is at 7914 Church Street, Egg Harbor, WI 54209 and check-in is between 4pm and 7pm. Checkout is by 11am. Please call or visit online for more information. http://dclighthouserentals.com (866) 868-9088 or email email@example.com *PET-FRIENDLY W/ APPROVAL
The White Lace Inn in Sturgeon Bay is the epitome of a romantic bed and breakfast with cozy rooms and extravagant suites, with luxurious queen or king size Victorian beds, oversized whirlpools and fireplaces, and, of course, a full, scrumptious breakfast. We have a few B&B rooms left for this weekend, Feb. 17-19, 2017 so make your reservations ASAP! Relax by the gazebo and fish pond, accessible by garden pathways, perfect for wandering, which surround and connect the four turn-of-the-century homes that make up the Inn’s 18 elegant rooms. Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.whitelaceinn.com/ (877) 948-5223 or (920) 743-1105
Recent News & Deals
- Holiday Dining in Door County, WI
- December 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Holiday Tree Lightings, Christmas in the Village, Polar Plunge & NYE Festivities!
- November 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Tree Lightings, Christmas by the Bay, Capture the Spirit, & Holly Days!