Part of the magic of Door County is that it offers the opportunity to slow down, connect with what is important in life, and spend quality time with the ones you love. Whether you find your peace walking through the snowy woods, over a candlelit dinner, or cuddled up with your sweetheart by the hearth, Door County is romance at its best…
Have you made your dinner reservations yet? Check out these fabulous restaurants, open and serving with love this weekend and on Valentine’s Day, and scroll down to find live music, lodging packages, and more this weekend. For Romantic Lodging Packages available through the month of February, please visit our ROMANCING THE DOOR blog!
Romantic Valentine’s Dining
- Sunday, Feb. 12th: Sweetheart Brunch from 9am-2pm
- Saturday Feb. 11th & Tuesday, Feb. 14th: Four Course Valentine’s Dinner from 5-8pm. $49.99 per couple includes assorted appetizer plate, soup or salad, an entrée and decadent dessert. View VALENTINE’S MENU. Reservations recommended, call (920) 746-8727.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th: Open 11am to 8pm on Valentine’s Day, and offering a free dessert to every couple dining and 20% off all glasses and bottles of wine! Located on 3rd Avenue in Sturgeon Bay, Root Bistro is a perfect spot to stop while wandering and window shopping – you might even find something just right for your Valentine! Lunch served from 11am-3pm; Dinner from 5-8pm. Reservations welcome but not required (920) 743-9463.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th: Open 4-9pm on Valentine’s Day and serving from the regular menu including their famous Beef Wellington, salads with home-made Hot Bacon Dressing, and to-die-for desserts! Reservations recommended, please call (920) 868-3076 or request reservations online.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th: Open and serving all weekend through Valentine’s Day evening (their last night open until Spring!) View the Valentine’s Day MENU. Reservations recommended (920) 854-3305 or reserve online.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th: Open on Valentine’s Day and serving a 5 Course Wine Paired Dinner at 6pm. Cozy up with your sweetie by the Fireside! Limited Seating, $75. Please call for reservations (920) 854-7999.
The café will be open on Feb. 14th, Valentine’s Day for your breakfast or lunch date with your sweetie! “We Love You” Sale continues through Feb. 15th so you can spoil the Coffee-lover in your life! Get 25% Off all Coffee & Gifts, just shop online and use the code COFFEELOVE at checkout!
Last Minute Lodging: Valentine’s Day & Weekend
The Hilltop Inn is located just steps away from downtown Fish Creek, one of the most popular villages in the county. The Hilltop Inn’s spacious, deluxe town-homes place you at the doorstep of all Door County has to offer. Town-homes are pet-free and smoke-free. The Hilltop Inn has everything you need to enjoy your Door County vacation, including in-room whirlpools and fireplaces, full kitchens, and WiFi. Weekly discounts available. We have rooms open for all dates in February at this time, and we are running a Valentines month promo which includes a 2 night stay for 2, $50 dinner certificate for The English Inn, a box of candy, and a bottle of wine. Package cost is $269. Available throughout February. http://hilltopinndc.com/ (920) 868-3556 or (888) 868-3556
Sister Bay Inn is located just outside of Sister Bay, and has been recently updated by new owners. Affordable and friendly, close to town, and open year round, make Sister Bay Inn your home port when visiting the peninsula. We do have 2 rooms available (2 queens) for this weekend $79 plus tax per night. Also for bigger parties we offer 3 homes to rent! After a day of exploring Door County’s many attractions and scenic views, come back to the Inn and enjoy a relaxing swim in our heated outdoor swimming pool, or bubble your cares away in our heated outdoor whirlpool tub. Each room offers your choice of two Queen beds or one King bed, a private bath with a shower, cable color flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, an in-room phone, a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and individually controlled heat and air conditioning. Some rooms also have a private patio or balcony! Continental Breakfast is offered May through October. We also offer access to a snowmobile trail, and fishing boat charging. We are pleased to offer a limited number of pet-friendly rooms for well-behaved pets. Please contact us to inquire about availability. http://www.sisterbayinn.com/ (920) 854-4242 *PET-FRIENDLY W/ APPROVAL
Bay Shore Inn in Sturgeon Bay is located along Bay Shore Drive just minutes from all the fun shopping and delectable dining in town, and offers On-Site Massage Packages as well as Dining Packages, please inquire when making your reservation. We are running a special for Feb 10 – 18 in which, if you stay and reference the Valentine’s Special, you will receive a box of chocolates and bottle of wine or cider (guest choice). Bay Shore Inn offers 1, 2, and 3 bedroom suites, all with private decks to watch the sunset over Potawatomi State Park. Featuring updated kitchens with granite counters, WIFI, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, game room, sand beach to lounge, campfire area, bikes, paddle boats, kayaks, tennis, basketball courts and more! Please call for more information or visit online! http://bayshoreinn.net (800) 556-4551
Birchwood Lodge in Sister Bay is located within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bars, recreation, a grocery store and the beach/marina/waterfront park in Sister Bay! For Feb. 10-11 we have the Grand 2 Bedroom Suite and some 2 bedroom Village Homes still open. For Feb. 12–15 we have Premier Suites, Premier Deluxe Suites, Grand One bedroom Suites, Grand 2 bedroom Suites, Village Homes, and the Farmhouse available.
- Valentine’s Day Special package ($55 added to room rate): 2 night stay in premier suite, $40 gift certificate for Alexander’s Restaurant, with chocolate covered strawberries and bath salts in your room. Available through February 2017.
- Winter Bliss package ($255+tax): 2 night stay in a premier suite, $30 gift card for Husby’s Food and Spirits, One-day state park sticker, $25 Door County gift card, and 10% discount off of the room rate.
Premier Suites have one king bed, one queen size sleeper sofa, full bath, double whirlpool tub, gas fireplace, kitchenette, private deck/balcony. Village Homes have one king size bed in the master suite with a full, attached bath, twin beds or a queen size bed in the guest suite and 2nd full bath, a full kitchen, in-unit laundry, a queen size sleeper sofa, a sitting area with a gas fireplace, a dining area, and a private deck/balcony. We have an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, an exercise room, free Wi-Fi and we also offer a continental breakfast each morning. Please call for more information or visit online! http://birchwoodlodge.com/ (920) 854-7195 or (866) 854-7195
The White Lace Inn in Sturgeon Bay is the epitome of a romantic bed and breakfast – perfect for you and your Valentine! Book your stay in a cozy room or an extravagant suite, with luxurious queen or king size Victorian beds, over-sized whirlpools and fireplaces, and, of course, a full, scrumptious breakfast. Spoil yourselves this Valentine’s Day, rooms and suites are still available for the 14th as well as the weekend! Relax by the gazebo and fish pond, accessible by garden pathways, perfect for wandering, which surround and connect the four turn-of-the-century homes that make up the Inn’s 18 elegant rooms. In the quite season enjoy Special Rates Reduced $20 or more per night on Selected Rooms. Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.whitelaceinn.com/ (877) 948-5223 or (920) 743-1105
Hillside Inn of Door County is located in Ephraim with gorgeous views of the water from private and shared balconies. Romantic suites are still open for your Valentine’s getaway, and Valentine’s Gift Card Sets are available for purchase! The Inn has been luxuriously renovated with careful attention to preserving the original integrity and simplicity of this white-painted landmark from the late 1800s, and features five beautiful adults only suites with fireplaces, and elegant bathrooms. All rooms have in-room fireplaces and large walk-in showers, one suite has an in-room whirlpool as well. Continental Breakfast included. http://www.hillsideofdoorcounty.com (920) 854-3272
Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay offers rooms and suites with whirlpools, fireplaces, balconies, separate bedrooms, and/or full kitchens. Book our Romantic Escape Package: This two nights lodging in a beautifully appointed guest room or suite includes a $50 dining certificate for use at the Stone Harbor Restaurant and Pub, Champagne and Stone Harbor flutes, a 30 Minute Horse Carriage Ride, Chocolates, and a Rose on your pillow. Resort amenities include a 21 slip marina, indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi and sauna, a hot tub, free WiFi, business center, on-site dining, and live entertainment nearly every weekend! No minimum stay requirement! Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.stoneharbor-resort.com/ (920) 746-0700
Coachlite Inn in Sister Bay has rooms available for your dates! Set in the quiet of the pines, the Coachlite Inn offers the illusion of seclusion, while still being just half a mile from the heart of Sister Bay. Rooms are available for your Valentine’s week getaway! Enjoy complimentary Door County Coffee and Tea in the lobby and the Deluxe Continental Breakfast, and soak in the whirlpool, sit by the Koi filled garden pond, use the ring of fire, or cook on the BBQ grill. All rooms come with cable TV, Wi-Fi, coffeemaker, microwave and mini-fridge, as well as access to our outdoor whirlpool/hot tub. Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.coachliteinn.com/ (920) 854-5503
Glidden Lodge Beach Resort is located on the shores of Lake Michigan north of Sturgeon Bay and south of Jacksonport near Whitefish Dunes State Park where you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities. Suites are available this week and we have a Winter Fling package running which is stay 2 nights and get the 3rd for free, at our already rock-bottom winter rates! All of our units have a king bed in the master bedroom, full kitchen, whirlpool in the master bath, gas fireplace in the living room, and private deck overlooking Lake Michigan. We have an indoor pool, whirlpool, and sauna, and are non-smoking and pet free. Two night minimum stay. Enjoy dinner with a view at the adjacent Donny’s Glidden Lodge Restaurant to wrap up your day. Please call for more information or visit online! http://www.gliddenlodge.com/ (920) 746-3900 or (888) 281-1127
Door County Lighthouse Vacation Rentals offers 7 different kinds of lodging for your family, couples traveling together, reunions, wedding attendees, and groups attending Door County events. The following are available for Valentine’s Week, with a 2 night minimum stay. We offer the Bluffwood House, a 3 bedroom house in the woods which sleeps up to 10, just north of downtown Egg Harbor. We also have two Ridgewood Bluff first floor units which are 2 bedroom with one or two baths depending which condo you choose. The view of the village and the sunset over the bay is outstanding! We also have our Off the Beaten Path 4 unit apartment building which is pet friendly with approval. Each unit has 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, living & dining area, with one bath. These units have patios or decks and is a great option for groups or multiple families. We do require a 50% deposit at time of booking and final payment when you arrive. Rates range from $175—$290 per night plus tax depending which property meets your needs. Please call or visit online for more information. http://dclighthouserentals.com (866) 868-9088 or email email@example.com *PET-FRIENDLY W/ APPROVAL
AppleCreek Resort is located at the top of the hill in Fish Creek and has various rooms to choose from. We are located across from unique shops, & dining; by gorgeous Peninsula State Park; and few minutes to wineries, theaters, galleries and Peninsula Art School. Suites have a private whirlpool and fireplace! Our availability for February 10, 2017 with departure on February 12, 2017 for 2 adults is:
- Patio/Balcony Room 2 night package: $94/night. Two queen sized beds in a spacious hotel style room with breakfast table and a relaxing patio/balcony. Larger sized bathroom. Amenities include Mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker with complimentary coffee. WIFI and a flat screen TV are also in this room.
- Single Queen Upstairs Room 2 night package: $89/night. Nicely sized hotel room with one queen sized bed, couch and breakfast table. Has a bathtub/shower combo and a vanity. Amenities include Mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker with complimentary coffee. WIFI and a flat screen TV are also in this room. Located UPSTAIRS.
- Single Queen Downstairs Room 2 night package: $82/night. Nicely sized hotel room with one queen sized bed, couch and breakfast table. Has a stand up shower and a vanity. Amenities include Mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker with complimentary coffee. WIFI and a flat screen TV are also in this room. Located DOWNSTAIRS.
- Deluxe Guest House 2 night package: $179/night. Two bedrooms, each with a king sized bed and flat screen TV, 2 bathrooms(on with a whirlpool and stand up shower the other with a shower/ bathtub combo), a full kitchen, fireplace in the living room and flat screen TV. The perfect sized rental home for a family on vacation. Located on site, includes the use of the pool, whirlpool!
All of our packages include: 10% discount at The English Inn Restaurant‘s Friday Fish Fry and at Orchard Country Winery and Market; 5% discount at Renards Cheese; 10% discount at Hide Side Corner Store and at O’Meara’s Irish Shop; and a $5.00 gift card for Curt’s Oilerie & Spice Co. (All coupons only valid according to each establishment’s hours of operation during your stay.) We also feature a wonderful Indoor pool, whirlpool and sundeck. http://www.applecreekresort.com/ (920) 868-3525 or (800) 569-0059
Can’t get away in February? Need a perfect Valentine’s gift? Book a romantic couples getaway for this spring or summer at Ephraim Shores Resort, their friendly staff will be happy to help you plan your visit!
For more Romantic Lodging Packages available in February, please visit our ROMANCING THE DOOR blog!
Friday & Saturday – Make it Dinner & a Show!
LOVE ON HOLIDAY CONCERTS at Third Ave. Playhouse
Friday, Feb. 10 & Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017: Performances from the 6th annual Love On Holiday songwriting collaborative will feature different songs each night, including favorites from past years and brand-spanking new songs written this week, so you might want to attend both nights! Concerts start at 7pm at Third Avenue Playhouse in Sturgeon Bay. For more information please visit HolidayMusicMotel.com. Tickets are just $5 at the door for this evening of incredible, original music!
LIVE MUSIC at Stone Harbor Resort
Friday, Feb. 10, 2017 @ 8:30pm: The Moonlighers; Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 @ 8:30pm: Rob & The Rest. Live music begins at 8:30pm in the Pub at Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay. Rooms and suites are still available for your romantic getaway this weekend – call (920) 746-0700 or Toll Free (877) 746-0700 or visit online for reservations.
WORDS ON FIRE at Door Community Auditorium Fireside Concert Series
Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 @7pm: “Poets pair with musicians to create a real coffeehouse atmosphere. Nothing decaf here, just great music and verse presented by some of Door County’s finest.” Series Sponsor: The Cordon Family Foundation. Coffee Service Provided by: Base Camp Coffee Shop. 7pm. Walk-ins welcome, or visit Door Community Auditorium online.
VALENTINE’S CLUB JAZZ at Birch Creek Music Performance Center
Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 @7:30pm: “A wonderful evening of music with Reggie Thomas (Jazz Piano and Voice) Rick Haydon (Guitar) and Mark Urness (Bass)! Heavy hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and cash bar in the intimate setting of Juniper Hall! Visit online for more information: Birch Creek.
Recent News & Deals
- October 2023 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Pumpkin Patch, Fall Fest, Thrills & Chills, Halloween & more!
- September 2023 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Marina Fest, Harvest Festival, Autumnfest & more!
- August 2023 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Cherry Fest, Food Trucks & Floaties, Blues on the Bay, & more!