Where will you be in Door County on New Year’s Eve? Will you spend the afternoon ice skating and watch some fireworks before heading home to watch the ball drop as the kids doze off? Or will you be drinking locally, dining with friends, and dancing to live music all night long? Or maybe you’ll be staying in to conserve your warmth for the New Year’s Day Polar Plunge with the Jacksonport Polar Bear Club and the New Year’s Day Parade in Egg Harbor.
Whatever you do to celebrate this New Year’s, remember to be safe – make sure to have a Designated Driver or call ahead to your final destination and ask if they participate in the Safe Rides program before going out for the night. And if you’ll be dipping your toes in the not-quite-so-icy Lake Michigan make sure you sign up and read the safety guidelines at jacksonportpolarbearclub.com.
Check out the following New Year’s meals, events, and live music, and don’t forget to book your room so you can sleep in on New Year’s Day. Eagle Harbor Inn, Stone Harbor Resort, Scandinavian Lodge, and Bridgeport Resort have great New Year’s Eve Lodging Packages and there are still rooms to be had at many other hotels and resorts – check out our Last Minute Lodging blog for more great places to stay!
Get outside New Year’s Eve & Day…
Sister Bay’s Poppin’ New Year’s Eve
- Sister Bay’s Poppin’ New Year’s Eve is fun for all ages! From 4-9pm on Dec. 31, 2014 at the Teresa K Hilander Community Ice Rink, enjoy concessions (from Top of the Thumb Snowmobiled Club), play rink games, and make S’mores (ingredients available for purchase) while you warm up around the fire pit! At 8pm watch the Fireworks display and make an early New Year’s toast.
Polar Bear Plunge in Jacksonport on New Year’s Day
- Take a dip in icy Lake Michigan (REGISTER FIRST!) with the Jacksonport Polar Bear Club!
- LIVE MUSIC to warm you up at JJ’s of Jacksonport: Centerline
New Year’s Day Parade & Frosty Fest in Egg Harbor
- Parade starts at 1pm and runs through the Village of Egg Harbor on Hwy 42.
New Year’s Day First Day Hikes
Monte Cristo Campfire at Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek, New Year’s Eve
- The Monte Cristo Campfire at Peninsula State Park runs from Noon-1pm on New Year’s Eve. Tasty Monte Cristos cooked in pie irons make for a perfect lunch (food and supplies provided while supplies last, donations appreciated). Then from 1:30-2pm stay for Jack Be Nimble: Candle Legends and Craft at the Nature Center in Fish Creek. Learn about candles, then make one to take home using rolled beeswax. All ages welcome. Program is free, but a park sticker is required.
Ski For Free at Crossroads at Big Creek, New Year’s Eve
- From 9:30am-3:30pm get together and Ski For Free at Crossroad at Big Creek in Sturgeon Bay! Call for more info: (920) 746-5895.
Live Music New Year’s Eve…
Stone Harbor Resort: Wifee & the Huzzband
- Wifee & the Huzzband will ring in the New Year at Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay, playing 50’s, 60’s, Motown rock/funk for the resort’s New Year’s Eve Party. Call for more info: (920) 746-0700.
Bayside Tavern: Hunga Dunga Trio
- What has two guitars and a pickle bucket? The Hunga Dunga Trio – performing live music at Bayside Tavern in Fish Creek on New Year’s Eve! Music starts at 10pm, $5 cover, 21+.
Wickman House: Michael Lee Ammons & the Water Street Hot Shots
- Michael Lee Ammons & the Water Street Hot Shots play old-time blues while you enjoy cocktails, beer & wine, hors d’oeuvres, sushi, and toast the New Year at midnight! Music starts at 9pm New Year’s Eve at Wickman House in Ellison Bay, call for more info: (920) 854-3305.
Sister Bay Bowl: Local Yokels
- Live music with the Local Yokels begins at 10pm on Dec. 31, 2014! Bowl a few frames, have dinner, then enjoy live music before ringing in the New Year in Sister Bay!
Home for the Holidays with AFT at Old Gibraltar Town Hall Dec. 26, 27, 29, 30, & 31, 2014
- Reunite with AFT performers for an evening of songs of the season, holiday humor and a good old-fashioned sing-along. $22/adults. $13/children. Tickets & Info: (920) 854-6117
Where to stay New Year’s Eve…
Ready your resolutions, gather your besties, and get ready to start a brand new year in style. Ring in the New Year in Door County with one of these great lodging packages… and check out our Last Minute Lodging Blog for more great places to stay!
Scandinavian Lodge in Sister Bay is offering this great New Year’s Eve Special – Book any of these nights: Dec. 30th, 31st, or Jan. 1st, and receive these rates! Romantic Studio: $115/night, One Bedroom Condo: $125/night, Two Bedroom Condo: $135/night, Three Bedroom Condo: $175/night. Includes Party Favors and Champagne! (2 night minimum) All rates are based on Two People. Add $10 per person 13 and older! Not Valid with any other specials or promotions. We still have availability, but not for long!! Call today! (888) 645-6343
New Year’s Package at Bridgeport Resort
Celebrate the New Year in a Bridgeport Waterfront Resort Suite. “Welcome Reception” from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Complimentary Snacks. Celebrate the New Year with Complimentary Champagne, Party Favors, Hats, Noisemakers and Snacks. For the Children: A Supervised New Year’s Eve Children’s Party! New Year’s Day Complimentary Brunch featuring Egg Bake Buffet, Salmon, Bacon, Sausage, Bagels, Sweet Rolls and More from 9am-Noon. New Year’s Special is offered at Regular Published Rates. Seventy-two hour advanced reservations Required. Valid Sunday, December 28, 2014 – Thursday, January 1, 2015.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve Package at Eagle Harbor Inn
Take time out to review & renew your goals for the New Year~Inn style! Treat yourself to two nights in our elegant Whirlpool Suites while you soak, fireside, in your 6’ whirlpool with custom soaps & loofah; mimosa makings with party favors to ring in the New Year & wake to breakfast in bed, delivered on New Year’s Day! Rate: $365 + tax.
Where to eat New Year’s Eve…
Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay
Rockin’ New Year’s Eve at Stone Harbor: Dinner will be served in their Waterfront Dining Room – Reservations Required: (877) 746-0700. Live Music in the Harbor Ballroom by Wiffee & the HuzzBand from 9pm-1am. Complimentary Hats, Horns, Snacks & Champagne at Midnight! A few rooms still available, but hurry, they’ll fill fast!
Visit Door County Chefs New Year’s Meals & Music blog for New Year’s Eve & Day restaurant hours and more live music! And download the Door County Chefs FREE, Mobile, Dining Guide App to search through Open in Winter restaurants!
Recent News & Deals
- Holiday Dining in Door County, WI
- December 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Holiday Tree Lightings, Christmas in the Village, Polar Plunge & NYE Festivities!
- November 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Tree Lightings, Christmas by the Bay, Capture the Spirit, & Holly Days!