Door County is getting back in the summer groove! This Saturday, June 14th is Sip & Savor with Paddlefest in Sister Bay, and July 15th is Father’s Day. The Door County Lighthouse Festival is also going on throughout the peninsula from June 13-15, 2014, and the last June weekend will carry you all the way to Ellison Bay for Olde Ellison Bay Days June 27-28, 2014, and the county’s newest foodie festival, Uncork Summer, which will be held on the grounds at Wickman House on Jun 28, 2014. All of this and more makes June a great month to visit the Door Peninsula!
Get Dad out of the house and up to Door County for Father’s Day weekend! Sip & Savor with Paddlefest in Sister Bay lets you check out the latest kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) from 11am-4pm at the Sister Bay Beach where Bay Shore Outfitters staff members will be to give you tips and SUP lessons ($10). Listen to live music with local singer/songwriter Katie Dahl from 1-3pm and David Hatch & Lynn Gudmundsen from 3-5pm, while you sample from six Door County Wineries including Door Peninsula Winery & Island Orchard Cider, and try cheeses from Door County Creamery & Schoolhouse Artisan Cheese. At 7pm, roast marshmallows for s’mores (fixings supplied!) and socialize around the bonfire next to Village Hall.
Sister Bay’s Concerts in the Park begin the following week on June 25th with a performance by Birch Creek Percussion. For the free concerts in the park bring your own chair or blanket and have a picnic on the lawn!
Olde Ellison Bay Days sports a parade at 11am Saturday, antique cars, art, food, music, artist demonstrations, dancing, children’s games, not to mention a playground and a beach. Call for more info: 920.854.5448 or visit Door County North online. A new addition to the fun of Old Ellison Bay Days, Uncork Summer on the grounds of Wickman House in Ellison Bay will feature 20 food booths, as well as local wines and craft beers, and live music throughout the day from local acoustic musicians, including Katie Dahl, Jeanne Kuhns & Small Forest, and Death Folk!
Download the Door County Chefs Free, Green, Mobile Dining App to check out their menus, get directions, and find what you’re hungry for!
Door County Lodging Specials in June, 2014: Sister Bay
Birchwood Lodge in Sister Bay invites you to enjoy Spring in Door County with these great specials! Their rooms include decks, two person Jacuzzi® whirlpools, fireplaces and full kitchens or kitchenettes. In addition to the specials below, Birchwood Lodge offers a Romantic Getaway Package and a Wine and Dine Package. *Note that Triple A and AARP are excluded from specials. Call for reservations and availability: 866.854.7195.
Weekend Getaway Special at Birchwood Lodge
- Stay Friday and Saturday nights in a Premier Suite, Grand Suite or Premier Deluxe Suite and get a $20 Gift Certificate for Champagne Brunch at Alexander’s Restaurant and an in-house baked, pre-made Luigi’s 12” Pizza delivered to your room.
- Special value rates are $218.00 – $398.00 plus tax, depending on the type of the room and the season. In order to receive the special pricing, this special must be mentioned when making the reservation. Call for details and availability, some restrictions might apply.
Saving Paradise Special at Birchwood Lodge
- The longer you stay, the more you save. Stay longer in any of our rooms and you can get $20 off on 3 nights stay, $30 off on 4 nights stay, $40 off on 5 nights stay and $50 off on 6 nights stay. STAY LONGER – SAVE MORE! Call for details and availability, some restrictions might apply.
Magic Delights Package at Birchwood Lodge
- Stay two nights in a Premier Suite, Grand Suite or Premier Deluxe Suite with double Jacuzzi whirlpool, gas fireplace and king size bed. Whether you are an early riser or prefer to sleep in, enjoy the delights of breakfast at Al Johnson’s Swedish Restaurant ($20 Gift Certificate).
- Spend part of the afternoon taking a scenic tour of Door County on a horse drawn carriage ride (Advanced reservation required). To relax after a fun day of walking in the parks or shopping, wind down in front of your fireplace with a delectable assortment of tantalizing fondue delights.
- Package value $244.00 – $442.00 plus tax (depending on the type of the room and the season).
Country House Resort in Sister Bay is an adult retreat and a perfect place to get away from it all. Country House Resort also welcomes man’s best friend, with approval – ask about their Dog-Friendly rooms and check out their Dogs Welcome page online for great recommendations for enjoying Door County with your pet. Call for more information: 800.424.0041.
Theatre & Dining Package at Country House Resort
- Available: June 17 through October 29, 2014
- Includes Three Nights Lodging, Two Tickets to Peninsula Players, Two Tickets to American Folklore Theatre (Northern Sky Theatre), Two Gourmet Box Dinners, & Dinner for Two at a Local Restaurant. Please make your reservations at least two days in advance to ensure good seats and your personalized gourmet box dinner.
- Package Rates begin at $589 and depend on your room or suite selection.
Nordic Lodge, located in a quiet wooded setting at the south end of Sister Bay, offers the “ambiance of peaceful, isolated luxury,” and is just a brief walk from Pebble Beach and a short jaunt from Bay Ridge Golf Course. Choose from one king bed suites or two double bed suites. Call 866.854.5432 and ask about their Romantic Getaway, Dinner and a Play, and Family Fun Packages, or visit them online.
Romantic Getaway Package for 2 at Nordic Lodge
- Relax in your spacious room, where we will have waiting for you; a Bottle of Wine, melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Truffles, and a hand picked Flower Bouquet. We will make your reservation at the English Inn Restaurant. A $40.00 coupon is included in the package! After dinner, relax on your balcony, enjoying the view, with a glass of Wine.
- Package prices for a two night stay start at $247.00 plus applicable taxes and depend on your room selection. Additional night stays will be given at a 20% discount.
- You can also add a couples’ massage at either Spa Verde or Spa at Scared Grounds to your Romantic Getaway Package. Romantic Getaway Packages that include a couples two massages start at $357.00 plus applicable taxes and depend upon your room selection and spa service selection.
Dinner and a Play Package at Nordic Lodge
- Two night lodgings, two tickets to Peninsula Players Theatre, two gourmet box dinners, $25.00 Door County Gift Certificate and a $40 dinner Gift Certificate to either English Inn Restaurant, Alexander’s Restaurant or the Waterfront Restaurant.
- Package Prices start at $278.00 plus applicable taxes and depend upon your room selection. Additional night stays will be given at a 20% discount.
Family Fun Package at Nordic Lodge
- Start your Door County family vacation out right, enjoy a two night stay and receive park passes to Peninsula State Park, a $10.00 coupon to Door County Ice Cream Factory, a $10.00 coupon to Joe Jo’s Pizza, a coupon for a round of mini-golf at the Red Putter and a $50 coupon for either Peninsula State Park Segway Tour or Gravity Trails.
- Prices are based on a family of four and start at $228.00 plus applicable taxes. Additional night stays will be given at a 20% discount.
Coachlite Inn in Sister Bay is clean and comfortable. Set in the quiet of the pines, the Coachlite Inn & Suites offers the illusion of seclusion, while still being just half a mile from the heart of Sister Bay. Book a Classic or Deluxe Room, a Deluxe Plus Room which features a single whirlpool tub, or a Queen Suite with a fireplace, double whirlpool tub, and a Kitchenette. Enjoy complimentary Door County Coffee and Tea in the lobby and the Deluxe Continental Breakfast, and soak in the whirlpool, sit by the Koi filled garden pond, use the ring of fire, or cook on the BBQ grill. Reservations: 920.854.5503.
Open Hearth Lodge in Sister Bay is located on 6.5 acres of scenic Door County open space with landscaped lawn, rural meadows and young forests. Guests are welcome to enjoy the property, catching a glimpse wildlife with a walk beyond the patio. Ask about special rates and packages. Call for more information: 888.795.5726.
Scandinavian Lodge is located in the heart of Sister Bay. Enjoy luxurious one, two, and three bedroom condos, as well as romantic suites. Amenities include in-room whirlpools, full kitchens, fireplaces, and free WiFi, and enjoy indoor and outdoor heated pools. Staying a week? Scandinavian Lodge offers a 10% discount for 7 night stays! Call 888.645.6343 or 920.854.7123 to make your reservation now.
Door County Lodging Specials in June, 2014: Ellison Bay & Gills Rock
Creed Cottage is a quaint 3 bedroom cottage located just minutes from the shores of Green Bay waters in Ellison Bay. Situated between Lake Michigan and the Bay of Green Bay, this light-filled and lovely 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath cottage is minutes from the water and convenient to everything in town. Creed Cottage offers a SPECIAL INCENTIVE for your early spring visit between now and June 27, 2014 enjoy a rate of just $205 per night including tax! Call 920.854.7317 or email email@example.com for reservations.
Door County Lake House Rentals’ Lake Lodge Guest House on the shores of Europe Lake features a vaulted ceiling and a cook’s kitchen, three bedrooms, 2 full modern baths, loft and cozy family room with a huge stone fireplace and views of the lake, and a spacious deck. Sleeps 9 including children. Kayak, canoe and rowboat available for your enjoyment. 3 night minimum may be an option, please call 920.854.5706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and reservations.
The Parkside Inn is just across the street from the Ellison Bay public beach and offers suite availabilities for one, two or three night stays. Known for their clean, quiet, spacious rooms and very competitive prices, The Parkside Inn will be offering a free 3rd night with your 2 night stay (including weekends!) now through July 2nd. Call 920.854.9050 or 800.497.5221, or email email@example.com for reservations and information.
Shoreline Resort is located on the top of the Door Peninsula in Gills Rock and offers stunning views of the Green Bay Waters and that sense of seclusion that helps you escape everyday life. Onsite Marina and water view rooms invite you to stretch out on their sun deck and relax. Luxury condominiums are open year round are available with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, a master suite, gas fireplace, full kitchens, granite countertops, stainless appliances and a patio/deck overlooking the waterfront. A limited number of pet-friendly rooms are available with approval. Call 920.854.2900 for reservations!