June on the Door Peninsula is shaping up to be bright and beautiful! There’s plenty to keep you occupied in Door County this month, and just as many opportunities to sit back and enjoy the view. Don’t forget that June 15th is Father’s Day – bring Dad to Door County on a charter fishing excursion with Silver Strike Charters or Lakeshore Adventures – they also do diving and kayak tours, as well as lighthouse tours, perfect for pairing with the Door County Lighthouse Festival June 13-15, 2014.
Maybe Dad wants to relax and spend time on the golf course – book a stay at Maxwelton Braes Lodge & Golf Course and take advantage of their “I Want to Golf” Package for Father’s Day! Does Dad love live music? Beer? The Great Outdoors? Sturgeon Bay and Baileys Harbor have those covered too…Catch live music, and book great rooms, at Stone Harbor Resort. Starting June 6th with Kitty Corona Band and June 7 with Rosetti & Wigley Band; and on June 8th it’s Sunday Funday: don’t miss the WIFFEE & HUZzBAND outside on the patio from 2-6pm with the “Deep Eddie Vodka Girls” onsite with samples!
Right across the street you’ll find even more live music as Sturgeon Bay will soon be filled with all the excitement of the Steel Bridge Songfest construction zone musicians as they gather from near and far to spend a week in collaborative songwriting groups, culminating in the 4 day festival known locally as SBSF. Celebrating their 10th Year in 2014, SBSF live music venues will be at Sturgeon Bay restaurants, pubs, and at Third Avenue Playhouse, and on Saturday, June 14 and Sunday, June 15, outside on the grounds of the Holiday Music Motel.
Door County Beer Festival on June 14, 2014 will be held in Baileys Harbor, and tickets are on sale now (a perfect Father’s Day Gift!). Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 at the gate, and your ticket includes a Door County Beer Festival beer glass, wrist band for unlimited 3 oz tastings of more than 120 craft beers, access to all seminars, food vendors and live music. Locally sourced foods will be available to purchase as well, but you must be 21 to enter festival grounds. Designated drivers can get tickets for $15 which include a commemorative glass, two free non-alcoholic beverages, and access to all seminars, food vendors and live music too. The festival takes place in Baileys Harbor where the Ride For Nature begins and ends.
Whether or not you’re participating in the Ride For Nature or just cheering on the riders, don’t miss the chance to explore the beautiful nature of Door County at state parks, beaches, and preserves. Check out these great outdoor activities at Whitefish Dunes State Park in June (located very close to Glidden Lodge Beach Resort!) – remember to dress for the weather!
Door County Lodging Specials in June, 2014: Sturgeon Bay & Baileys Harbor
Bridgeport Resort in the center of historic Sturgeon Bay offers an array of on-site recreational amenities including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pools with an indoor splash park and playground for the kids, a whirlpool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Bridgeport is offering the following package during the Door County Lighthouse Festival! Call for reservations: 800.671.9190. (All packages subject to Advance Reservations and Availability.)
Lighthouse Walk Weekend at Bridgeport Resort
- Available: Thursday, June 12, 2014 – Sunday, June 15, 2014, Three Night Package
- The Door County Maritime Museum Presents the Eighteenth Annual
- Door County Lighthouse Walk
- Visitors Tour Ten Lighthouses throughout Door County
- Guests Staying Three Nights will Receive a Lighthouse Magnet, Bottle of Wine, a Lighthouse Map and a Chance to Win a $75 Nightingale Restaurant Gift Certificate.
- Seventy-Two Hour Advanced Reservations Required.
Bay Shore Inn in Sturgeon Bay, located along Bay Shore Drive, is just minutes from all the fun shopping and delectable dining of downtown Sturgeon Bay, and offers all the peace and quiet and natural beauty of Door County, not to mention a lovely beach and Indoor & Outdoor Heated Pools and a Whirlpool. Bay Shore Inn has On-Site Massage Packages as well as Dining Packages, in addition to the following Lighthouse Trolley Tour Package, please inquire when making your reservation. Call for reservations: 800.556.4551, or visit them online.
Lighthouse Trolley Tour Package at Bay Shore Inn
- Valid: June – October 18, 2014, Monday through Friday
- This package is for two people in a one bedroom water view suite for two nights. The Trolley visits four Door County Lighthouses: Eagle Bluff in Peninsula State Park, Cana Island Lighthouse, Range Lights in Baileys Harbor and the Canal Station in Sturgeon Bay. You will visit some of Door County’s most scenic landmarks and hidden bays and coves along the way. Lunch at Top Deck Restaurant on the shores of Lake Michigan is included. Package available:
- Rates: June 5-19, $382 +tax; June 20-August 14, $542 +tax, August 15-October 18, $482 +tax.
The White Lace Inn in Sturgeon Bay is the epitome of a romantic bed and breakfast. Enjoy a weekend – or more! – away, in cozy rooms and extravagant suites, with luxurious queen or king size Victorian beds, oversized whirlpools and fireplaces, and, of course, a full, scrumptious breakfast. Enjoy all that Sturgeon Bay has to offer, from live music in the park, to shopping and dining, to farmers markets, fishing, boating, and more! Call for more information and reservations: 877.948.5223.
Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay is located just across the street from the Holiday Music Motel where Steel Bridge Songfest’s outdoor festivities will take place on June 14 & 15. You can also catch live music right at Stone Harbor every weekend – check out the poster above for details! Ask about their great lodging packages including Romantic Escape, Arts & Heritage, and Family Fun! Call 877.746.0700 for reservations!
Glidden Lodge Beach Resort is located on the shores of Lake Michigan north of Sturgeon Bay and south of Jacksonport near Whitefish Dunes State Park where you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities – before you head out for your adventures at Whitefish Dunes beach, book your getaway at Glidden Lodge!. Enjoy dinner with a view at Donny’s Glidden Lodge Restaurant to wrap up your day, and voila, you’re already at your hotel! Call 920.746.3900 for reservations.
Maxwelton Braes Lodge is located just north of Jacksonport and south of Baileys Harbor. They offer Lodge Rooms and wonderful Vintage Fairway Suites. In addition to their Golf special below, Maxwelton Braes is offering their Earlybird Spring Special valid through June 15, 2014. Book at least two consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday and receive 20% your stay. Holiday and festival weekends are excluded. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or packages. Call for Reservations: 920.839.2321.
- Available through June 2014.
- Here is your chance to stay at Maxwelton Braes Lodge and enjoy a round of golf for two on our 18 hole golf course for an incredible price! Purchase at least a one night stay with us at Maxwelton Braes Lodge and receive 18 holes of golf for two for only $12 (cart not included). You must be staying at Maxwelton Braes lodge in order to receive the special pricing and the package has to be mentioned at time of booking. No guarantee of tee times.
Beachfront Inn, located on the water in Baileys Harbor offers warm hospitality while providing guests a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and make new memories. Beachfront welcomes dogs in designated rooms with prior approval. They are offering their Spring Midweek special for one more week, valid through June 12, 2014: Stay three consecutive nights, Sunday thru Thursday, and the third night at our Baileys Harbor hotel will be 50% off! Call 866.251.0750.
Your Cup Runneth Over Package at Beachfront Inn
- Two night stay for two people (excluding room 204 & room 206) at the Beachfront Inn
- Delicious bottle of Door County Peninsula wine in your hotel room
- Door County wine tasting for two at Stone’s Throw Winery & complimentary wine glasses
- A custom handmade wine cork from North West Designs
- $50 gift certificate for a scrumptious gourmet dinner for two at the Max Supper Club
- Rate: Your reservation rate plus $70
Hot Dog! Dog-Friendly Special at Beachfront Inn
- Two night stay in a dog friendly Door County hotel room at the Beachfront Inn (2 persons & dog)
- 1 Day Wisconsin State Park Pass
- $50 Gift Certificate to Harbor Fish Market & Grille where you can dine with your dog, this dog friendly Door County restaurant even has a canine menu available
- $25 Gift Certificate from the Door County Visitors Bureau
- Rate: Your reservation rate plus $70
Don’t forget to mention Door County Lodging when making your reservation!
Recent News & Deals
- Holiday Dining in Door County, WI
- December 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Holiday Tree Lightings, Christmas in the Village, Polar Plunge & NYE Festivities!
- November 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Tree Lightings, Christmas by the Bay, Capture the Spirit, & Holly Days!