This weekend is the 50th Annual Fyr Bal Festival in Ephraim with the main festivities on Saturday, June 21, 2014. Get acquainted with Ephraim on Friday, June 20, with a Free Historic Walking Tour from the Anderson Barn History Center at 10:30am, and enjoy Free Museum Day and Reception from 11am-4pm at Ephraim Village Museums.
On Saturday, June21, start the day off right with a Pancake Breakfast at the Village Hall, then check out the Artisan Market and the Yacht Club’s Fyr Ball Regatta, visit the Door County Land Trust’s Open House at their Ephraim Preserve at Anderson Pond, take a Free Trolley Ride, play a round of mini golf, and participate in an Ice Cream Eating or Pie Eating Contest! And there’s more – from face painting to children’s entertainment, to live music with Katie Dahl and Big Shoes, you’ll want to bring the whole family! The night heats ups up with the lighting of the bonfire at 8:30pm in which we burn the “Winter Witch” and then fireworks of Eagle Harbor at 9:30pm! Check out Ephraim Fyr Bal Festival ful schedule of events HERE.
Live music abounds in Door County! Here’s what’s coming up for the rest of June 2014 in Egg Harbor and Fish Creek, WI:
Opening in Egg Harbor on Friday, June 20th is Jeanne Kuhns’ Woodwalk Concert Series which will continue all summer on Friday nights (and a few Thursdays) in the beautifully re-purposed barn of Woodwalk Gallery just south of Egg Harbor. Woodwalk’s 2014 season starts at 7pm on June 20th with Michael Smith (you may know him as the songwriter of ‘The Dutchman’), and on June 27th for the first time at Woodwalk, the fabulous Corky Siegel with Howard Levy! You can bring your own wine and picnic if you want to come early and dine on the back patio; beer, soda, and treats from Cupcake Heaven will also be for sale; reservations recommended—call 920.495.2928 or 920.868.2912.
Also beginning this week in Egg Harbor is the Sunset Concert Series at the Peg Egan PAC, which kicks off with Jonny Lang on Sunday, June 22nd, followed by The Nylons on Sunday, June 29th, for the free concerts at the Peg Egan PAC, bring your own chair or blanket and have a picnic on the lawn!
In Fish Creek find live music to listen to while you enjoy a fabulous meal or drinks and dessert! The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar has weekly live music in their Wine Bar. This Thursday, June 19th, Highland Road plays The Cookery at 7pm, then on Wednesday, June 25th, Katie Dahl starts performing every Wednesday at 8pm, and on Thursday, June 26 The Nicks perform at 7pm. Gibraltar Grill, also in Fish Creek, has live music outside where you can sit at the covered bar, or around the campfire ring while you listen. The music starts at Gibraltar Grill on Saturday, June 28 with timeless music by Cookee at 7:30pm!
Fish Creek‘s Concerts in the Park also begin in June, starting Tuesday, June 17th with the Birch Creek Percussion & Steel Band Faculty Concert, followed by local group, The Nicks, performing folk and bluegrass on June 24th. Fish Creek Concerts in the Park start at 2:30pm – bring a blanket or grab a chair and enjoy an afternoon of music!
Make sure you’ve booked your room so you can enjoy everything you want to do and see this weekend during Fyr Bal, and don’t forget to mention Door County Lodging when you make your reservation!
Download the Door County Chefs FREE, GREEN, MOBILE Dining Guide App and find what you’re hungry for in Door County!
Door County Lodging Options June, 2014: Ephraim
Ephraim Shores Resort is also home to Second Story Restaurant and is located in the heart of Ephraim, with a beautiful view of Eagle Harbor. It’s a “Shore thing” at Ephraim Shores where you can stay in whirlpool rooms and kitchenette rooms, enjoy their indoor heated pool and hot tub, exercise room, WiFi, bikes, and game room, or just sit and enjoy the view from our private waterfront sundeck. Dine at Second Story Restaurant on site, serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Ephraim Shores is the waterfront family destination you’ve been looking for! Call 920.854.2371 or 877.854.2371.
June Midweek Special at Ephraim Shores Resort
- Book a mid-week stay (Sunday-Thursday) in June at Ephraim Shores – Door County Waterfront Lodging – use code June 14 and mention that you saw it on Door County Lodging and RECEIVE 10% OFF!
Pine Grove Resort is located in Ephraim and offers a piece of natural, pristine shoreline, and private sand beach, as well as luxury suites with private whirlpool baths, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, and pool sundeck, overlooking Eagle Harbor. Check out these Romantic Getaway, Dinner and a Play, and Family Fun Packages, and visit them online for more information. For reservations call 800.292.9494.
Romantic Getaway Package at Pine Grove Resort
- For those looking for a romantic getaway for two in beautiful Door County. Relax in your spacious room, where we will have waiting for you; a Bottle of Wine, melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Truffles, and a hand picked Flower Bouquet. We will make your reservation at the English Inn Restaurant. A $40.00 coupon is included in the package! After dinner, relax on your balcony, enjoying the view, with a glass of Wine.
- Package rates for a two night stay start at $239 + tax and depend on your room selection. Additional night stays will be given at a 20% discount.
- You can also add a couples’ massage at either Spa Verde or Spa at Scared Grounds to your Romantic Getaway Package. Romantic Getaway Packages that include a couples two massages start at $349.00 plus applicable taxes and depend upon your room selection and spa service selection.
Dinner and a Play Package at Pine Grove Resort
- Two night lodgings, two tickets to Peninsula Players Theatre, two gourmet box dinners, $25.00 Door County Gift Certificate and a $40 dinner Gift Certificate to either English Inn Restaurant, Alexander’s Restaurant or the Waterfront Restaurant.
- Package Rates start at $270.00 plus applicable taxes and depend upon your room selection. Additional night stays will be at a 20% discount.
Family Fun Package at Pine Grove Resort
- Start your Door County family vacation out right, enjoy a two night stay and receive park passes to Peninsula State Park, a $10.00 coupon to Door County Ice Cream Factory, a $10.00 coupon to Joe Jo’s Pizza, a coupon for a round of mini-golf at the Red Putter and a $50 coupon for either Peninsula State Park Segway Tour or Gravity Trails.
- Rates are based on a family of four and start at $254.00 + tax. Additional night stays will be at a 20% discount.
Eagle Harbor Inn is located across from the Bay, on the main street in Ephraim, this delightful Bed & Breakfast Inn offers elegant Whirlpool Suites with kitchenettes and B&B rooms, providing a perfect balance of quaint charm with many resort amenities. B&B rooms include a scrumptious breakfast each morning and all guests are welcome to enjoy the Commons complete with fitness room, sauna and indoor current pool, and a playground is available for the little ones. Ask about their Tee Time, Culinary Weekend, Bike Tour, and Honeymoon packages! Call 800.324.5427.
Ephraim Guest House offers fifteen unique and cozy one-, two- and three-bedroom suites in a relaxing, beautifully landscaped setting, just a half-block from the sparkling waters of Eagle Harbor. Suites feature fully equipped kitchens, living rooms with Digital TVs, and dining areas; some suites also offer private patios, gas fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs. For reservations, call 800.589.8423.
The Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, a small country inn nestled in the heart of Ephraim, creates the perfect setting for a romantic getaway anytime of the year. Feel pampered in beautiful rooms decorated in different Door County themes with king-sized beds, some with whirlpools, and kitchenettes with a wet bar, and more! One-night stays are welcome through June 13if you’re planning a flash-vacation, and June 14 to October 31 one-night stays will be fit in whenever possible, but to reserve in advance book a stay of 2 or more nights – you won’t regret it! Call 800.588.3565 or 920.854.7656.
Door County Lodging Options June, 2014: Egg Harbor
Door County Lighthouse Inn in Egg Harbor is a quaint B&B filled with lighthouse décor, is located in downtown Egg Harbor, within comfortable walking distance from unique shops, 5-star restaurants and the new marina. Full breakfast is served each morning at 8:30am and 9:30am. Take advantage of these exceptional lodging packages this summer! Call to make your reservations 920.868.9088 or 800.324.5427.
Lighthouse Trolley Package at Door County Lighthouse Inn
Valid: June 5-October 11, 2014, Monday through Friday
- Included in this two night B&B stay will be an old time trolley ride to Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Cana Island Lighthouse, and the Canal Station. This is a five- hour tour with lunch overlooking the waters of Lake Michigan. Rate: two night package rate is between $402 and $492 per couple, depending upon room selection.
Wine and Dine Package at Door County Lighthouse Inn
- Valid: June-October 13, 2014, Daily and October 13-November 22, 2014, Weekends only.
- This package combines two nights lodging and the Door County Trolley’s Premier Wine Tour of Door County. Visit four of Door County Award Winning Wineries that will have cellar door tastings, emphasizing red wines, white wines, port (dessert) wines and fruit wines. Top it all off with a chef prepared gourmet lunch at the prestigious Galileo’s at Liberty Square. In the evening, pleasure your pallet with fine dining at the English Inn, with a $50.00 certificate good towards dinner. Full breakfast is included each morning. Rate: two night package rate is between $442.00- $532.00 per couple, depending on room selection.
Door County Ultimate Lighthouse Adventure Package
- Valid: June 5 – October 7, 2014 Observe all and tour some of the 10 Lighthouses, 5 Nights.
- Relax for 5 nights in a warm homey atmosphere at Door County Lighthouse Inn, with lighthouse decor everywhere and start each day’s adventure with a full breakfast. Take a trolley to discover the beautiful shores of Door County, visiting several lighthouses. Learn about the rich maritime history at the Door County Maritime Museums at Sturgeon Bay.
- Rate: Five night package ranges from $960* per couple in 2014 depending upon room selection. *Rates based on the Pottawatomie Lighthouse rooms. Call for brochure and more information toll free 866-868-9088.
The Shallows Resort on the water south of Egg Harbor offers Shoreside Motel & Gatehouse suites, 2 bedroom Beach Houses and the Hermitage Private Home. A family-owned and family-friendly resort, their variety of accommodations is designed to meet your vacation needs. Enjoy sunsets from the dock, or launch one of their kayaks, canoes or rowboats, or try cast out a line and relax. Call 800.257.1560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
Egg Harbor Lodge sits atop the bluff overlooking the waters of Green Bay. Enjoy stunning views of the water from a Top Deck, Balcony, or Patio rooms, or book the Stonehearth Suite for an extra special experience. Splash and swim in their outdoor pool or invigorate in the indoor whirlpool. For reservations call 920.868.3115.
The Ashbrooke is an adult vacation resort hotel – get away from it all! Located in the heart of Egg Harbor, you’ll find yourselves just minutes from fabulous shopping, delicious food, and lots of activities and entertainment. The Ashbrooke offers a variety of rooms and suites, including whirlpool suites, as well as amenities including indoor pool, dry-heat sauna, and whirlpool, and a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee in every room. Call 877.868.3113
Door County Lodging Options June, 2014: Fish Creek
The Settlement Courtyard Inn, home to the Lavender Spa, voted #1 Boutique Spa in Wisconsin by Milwaukee Magazine, offers courtyard rooms, two & 3 bedroom suites, whirlpool suites, and their Coach House Suite. Located just outside bustling Fish Creek, this is a great spot to begin any adventure, and a great place to relax. Check out these great packages! Visit online or call for your reservations: 920.868.9200 or 877.398.9308.
Early Summer Special at Settlement Courtyard Inn
- Available through June 19, 2014
- 3rd night is just $75 when all 3 nights are Sun-Thurs. Includes Continental-Plus Breakfast
- Rate: $119/night Courtyard Room/Double occupancy. (Please mention the “Early Summer Special” when reserving this offer.)
Homestead Suites is located on Main Street in the heart of Fish Creek. With Peninsula State Park as a backyard, you can practically bike, hike, or walk right from your hotel room or condo door. Reserve the Conference Room where you can sit by the fire, play cards or watch the big game! Call for reservations 800.686.6621.
Group Travel at Homestead Suites
- Plan your next Charter Fishing Trip or Guided Waterfowl Hunt during your stay at the Homestead. Call ahead for reservations with Captain Paul 920.559.1182 and visit www.jackislandcharters.com to see some of the fishing memories that have already been made! Private or semi-private charters are available. Please reference this ad when making your reservation.
- Make the Homestead Suites the spot for your next get-together – Family Reunions, Fishing Trips, Door County Weddings, a Girls’ Weekend, or a Group Retreat. Our staff is at your service. Call ahead for availability, plan your party, and create lasting memories when you stay at the Homestead Suites!
AppleCreek Resort is located at the top of the hill in Fish Creek and has various rooms to choose from including hotel-style rooms, a private guest house, and suites, including Honeymoon Suites. Book your spring visit and ask about special spring rates and packages that include tons of shopping and dining discounts! Call for Seasonal “OFF PREMISE ONLY” Pet-Friendly rentals (w/approval) of 1-3 bedroom vacation homes and cottages. Always call for the best Rates & Packages: 800.569.0059 or 920.868.3525.
Recent News & Deals
- Holiday Dining in Door County, WI
- December 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Holiday Tree Lightings, Christmas in the Village, Polar Plunge & NYE Festivities!
- November 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Tree Lightings, Christmas by the Bay, Capture the Spirit, & Holly Days!