It’s the middle of May in Door County, and that means the Girlfriends Great EGGscape in Egg Harbor featuring entertainment, classes, wine tasting and Sunday Brunch; Spring Fling & Door County Scottie Rally in Baileys Harbor with the Parade of the Scots, dog-friendly activities, and music with Small Forest; and the Ellison Bay Art Crawl on May 17 & 18. It also means there are finally buds and blossoms all over the peninsula! With temperatures on the rise the DCVB’s Cherry Blossom Report says the Cherry trees are expected to be in full bloom between May 20-28, but other flowers are already blooming or will be soon including Daffodils, Yellow Lady’s Slippers, and others. It’s time to leave winter behind and enjoy Spring.
Get outside in Door County: take a stroll through one of our state or county parks, go on a Bird Hike at The Ridges Sanctuary, play a round of golf at Maxwelton Braes, or hop a carriage ride from Mayberry’s Carriages! And if you are blessed with a rainy day, hit Sister Bay Bowl for a few frames and good times, or book a massage at Lavender Spa in Fish Creek! Catch live music at Stone Harbor Resort with Marli Jane on May 16, and Three Way Street on May 17, 2014.
May 2014 Lodging Specials:
Settlement Courtyard Inn, home of Lavender Spa, in Fish Creek. Now through May 22 you can ask for the May Spa Package for $176, which includes a 15 minute Jade Roller Massage Bed, 45 minute Infrared Cedar Sauna, 30 minute Imperial scalp massage, 60 minute Refresher full body massage, & Lavender or Tangerine moisturizer! Check out these great Lodging included packages available through May 22nd, 2014. Call for reservations: 877.398.9308.
Spring Spa Getaway at Settlement Courtyard Inn
Rate: $257 Courtyard Room – Includes One night lodging, Two Refresher Massages in our spa and Continental-Plus Breakfast each morning.
- Rate: $356 Courtyard Room – Includes Two nights lodging, Two Refresher Massages in our spa and Continental-Plus Breakfast each morning. Third night $75 when all 3 nights are Sun-Thurs.
- Please mention the “Spring Spa Getaway” when reserving this offer.
Spring Girlfriends Escape Package at Settlement Courtyard Inn
- Take a bunch of girlfriends for much-needed time away from it all!
- Includes 2 nights lodging in the Coach House Suite or Three Bedroom Suite, Refresher Massages, Bottle of wine from local winery (per 2 people).
- Rates: $299/person for 2 people or $216/person for 4 people or $194/person for 6 people
Beachfront Inn in Baileys Harbor offers a warm hospitality while providing guests a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and make new memories, right on the water in Baileys Harbor. Beachfront welcomes dogs in designated rooms with prior approval. Call 866.251.0750 for reservations.
Your Cup Runneth Over Package at Beachfront Inn
- Two night stay for two people (excluding room 204 & room 206) at the Beachfront Inn
- Delicious bottle of Door County Peninsula wine in your hotel room
- Door County wine tasting for two at Stone’s Throw Winery & complimentary wine glasses
- A custom handmade wine cork from North West Designs
- $50 gift certificate for a scrumptious gourmet dinner for two at the Max Supper Club
- Package Rate: Room rate + $70
Birchwood Lodge is centrally located near downtown Sister Bay. The following package is available through the month of May 2014 so you can make Mother’s Day anyday! Call for reservations and availability: 866.854.7195.
Mother’s May Special at Birchwood Lodge
- Bring your mother with you as a guest at the Birchwood Lodge in the month of May and receive a 10% discount on your total room cost. (This offer must be mentioned when making your reservation to receive this special pricing.)
Glidden Lodge Beach Resort is located on the shores of Lake Michigan north of Sturgeon Bay and south of Jacksonport near Whitefish Dunes State Park where you can check out the new Outdoor Shipwreck Exhibit. Enjoy a sumptuous supper at Donny’s Glidden Lodge Restaurant and take advantage of their Spring Fling Special at Glidden Lodge: Stay 2 nights get the 3rd night free at Spring Rates! Call 920.746.3900 for reservations.
Maxwelton Braes Lodge and Golf Course is located just north of Jacksonport and south of Baileys Harbor. They offer Lodge Rooms and wonderful Vintage Fairway Suites. Through May and June 2014 you can take advantage of their “I Want to Golf” Lodging Special! Call 920.839.2321 for reservations!
I Want to Golf Lodging Special at Maxwelton Braes
- Here is your chance to stay at Maxwelton Braes Lodge and enjoy a round of golf for two on our18 hole golf course for an incredible price! Purchase at least a one night stay with us at Maxwelton Braes Lodge and receive 18 holes of golf for two for only $12 (cart not included).
- Cannot be combined with any other specials or packages. You must be staying at Maxwelton Braes Lodge and mention this package when making your reservation in order to receive the special pricing No guarantee of tee times.
Bridgeport Resort is located in the center of historic Sturgeon Bay and offers an array of on-site recreational amenities including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pools with an indoor splash park and playground for the kids. Enjoy the weekend in Door County with the family at Bridgeport Resort! Call for reservations: 800.671.9190.
Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay is a great place to play! Catch live music with Marli Jane on May 16th, and Three Way Street on May 17th, and check out their great lodging packages including Romantic Escape, Arts & Heritage, and Family Fun! Call 877.746.0700 for reservations!
Egg Harbor Lodge is offering their Internet Only Special through June 16, 2014. Book online and Stay Two Nights and Get The Third Night Free! Excluding Memorial weekend… get a 4th night free that weekend.
Door County Lighthouse Inn in Egg Harbor is offering their Spring into Romance package through May 25, 2015. *Saturdays. Enjoy two nights at this lovely B&B with a nautical atmosphere. Wake up to the aroma of a full hot breakfast being prepared. After breakfast take the Door County Trolley’s Spring Blossom Trolley Tour. This tour includes wine tastings, a cozy carriage ride in the quaint village of Fish Creek and a fabulous lunch, *Saturdays only. To top off your evening, use your $50 coupon towards dinner at the wonderful English Inn. And for your shopping pleasure, you’ll receive a $25.00 Door County Visitor Bureau Gift Certificate. This two-night package rate is between $405 and $495 per couple. depending upon room selection.
Don’t forget to mention Door County Lodging when making your reservations!