Fish Creek is abuzz with the nearing of the Annual Fish Creek Winter Festival. After lying dormant for three months, the streets will fill with people from all over the Midwest, shaking off those winter blues.
Another year of shenanigans rolls out for locals and tourists alike, as we celebrate the mere fact that it’s cold, snowing and we are all equally bored by the doldrums of long Wisconsin winters. People of all ages flock to Fish Creek to eat, drink and spend the weekend participating in some of the wackiest adventures you’ve ever seen.
WEEKEND CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Friday, February 1
- Noon – 5pm Blood Drive at Northern Door YMCA
- 1– 4pm Ice Sculpture Carving at Clark Park
- 6:30 – 10pm Rock & Roll Art Night at Hands on Art Studio
Saturday, February 2
- 9am – 10am ‘Body Pump’ – Northern Door YMCA
- 10am – 5pm In and around the large, heated tent in Clark Park (all proceeds from Saturday’s event benefit Door County non-profit organizations. Thank you for your support!):
- GAMES INSIDE the TENT – Minnow Racing, Sasquatch Ball Toss, Pirate Bean Bag Toss, Snowflake and Winter Fairies Crafts, Pie Tin Toss, Marshmallow Shootout, Wheel of Fortune & Paddle Raffle
- GAMES OUTSIDE the TENT – Toilet Seat Toss, Snowshoe Obstacle Course, Ice Bowling, Football Toss, Crazy Golf, Bike Toss, Hockey Shot, Basketball Shoot, Wheel of Meat & Hunter’s Darts.
- TASTY FOOD & DRINK – Beer, Brats, hot dogs, pork sandwiches, popcorn, make-your-own-s’mores, hot chocolate, coffee, hot cider, baked goods, glug and more!
- LIVE DJ – fun music all day
- 12:30/12:45 pm Chili Cook Off Awards
- 1pm Kids Relay Contest
- 2pm Snow Suite Fashion Show
- 3pm Stumpf Fiddle Jam
- 4pm Snow Shoe Dance
WHEEL OF FORTUNE – prizes and giveaways throughout the day in the “paddle raffle”
WINTER FEST MERCHANDISE – shirts, hats, sweatshirts and mugs for sale.
- 10am – Noon Ice Sculpture Carving at Clark Park
- 10am – 5pm Human Foosball Tournament, on the ice behind the tent
- 10am – 3pm Chainsaw Carver, Dave Bartels at Hide Side Corner Store
- 10am – 5pm Winter Wine & Cherry Festival at Orchard Country Winery
- 10:30am Winter Festival Parade down Main street – all are welcome to participate (800) 577-1880
- 10:30 – 11am Chili cook-off participants to bring their crock pots to the tent (800) 577-1880
- 11am – 5pm FREE Trolley Rides throughout town
- 11am – 3pm “SOUP!” Homemade Soup and Bowls at Peninsula School of Art (Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity.
- Noon Chili Cook-off Judging at the tent, with $5 bowls for all to sample
- 1pm Four-person Tandem Ski Race, on the ice north of the tent
- 5:30pm FIREWORKS DISPLAY – outside the tent, over the frozen bay
- 5:30 – 8pm Candlelight Ski at Peninsula State Park – Candle Light Hike if not enough snow (920) 868-3258
- 7 – 9pm JT & the Clouds/Birds of Chicago at Door Community Auditorium
- 9:30pm – 12:30am Live music by Big Mouth and the Power Tool Horns at Alexander’s
Sunday, February 3
- 10:30am 4th annual Fruit Loop – 1/2-mile costumed fun run beginning and ending at the tent
Spend the afternoon gliding through snow covered fields at Orchard Country Winery with Mayberry’s Sleigh Rides! Private rides will be available on Friday from 11am-2pm, Saturday 11am-2pm, and Sunday 11am-4pm. These rides are $55 for the small sleigh which fits a couple or family of five.
Group rides are available Saturday from 11am-4pm and Sunday 11am-2pm. The group will be up to fourteen people. Reservations can be made by calling 920.421.1152. Space fills up fast so make your reservations soon.
If you are looking for last minute rooms for the festival weekend, look no further! Door County Lodging has reached out to our members and gotten the most up to date availabilities throughout Door County. Check these out or email Brynn for assistance.
Birchwood Lodge has openings all weekend long and is offering 10% off the regular rate if you mention Winter Festival when booking. When you stay in a Premier Suite for two nights, you will receive the third night free. Any other type of room receives 50% off the third night but don’t forget to mention Three Night Special when booking. Birchwood Lodge is very centrally located near downtown Sister Bay.
Bay Shore Inn on the shores of Green Bay waters is located minutes from Sturgeon Bay. There are many activities to choose from both on the property and in town. They are currently running some great winter specials.
Coachlite Inn is very centrally located between Sister Bay and Ephraim, making it minutes from every town. They have great packages such as their Romance Package which is a two night stay, floral arrangement, specialty wine & cheese gift basket and a $60 certificate for dinner at CHOP Steakhouse or English Inn in Fish Creek.
Stone Harbor Resort located on the canal in Sturgeon Bay lies in the heart of Sturgeon Bay and tons of activities, shopping, and dining. They are offering a book two night get the third night $50 off package as well as a Nature of Romance Package that would consist of a two night stay, a $50 certificate for dinner, a thirty minute carriage ride and a $25 certificate for any local business. The package is $189 for one night or $279 for two nights.
Door County Lighthouse Inn is a quaint B&B located in the downtown Egg Harbor, within pleasant walking distance from unique shops, 5-star restaurants and the new marina. They have suites, log cabins and condos available for rental. They are offering the Sleigh Bells and Romance Package which includes a two night stay, a Winter Wonderland Trolley Winery Tour, a sleigh ride with Mayberry’s Carriages. Rates start at $400 depending on your room selection. The Winter Romance Package includes a two night stay; full breakfast each morning and a $50 coupon towards dinner at English Inn in Fish Creek. Rates start at $270.
Open Hearth Lodge at the bottom of Little Sister Hill is offering a stay three nights pay for two on the weekends. They are also offering a Hearts Ablaze Romance Package which includes a two night stay, a private sleigh or carriage ride for two from Mayberry’s Carriages, Door County wine or cherry juice and chocolates, and a $25 certificate for anywhere in Door County. Rates start at $260. You can also choose the Hearts Ablaze Winter Wonderland Package which includes a two night stay, a Winter Wonderland Trolley Tour with wine tastings and lunch at White Gull Inn, Door County wine or cherry juice and a $25 gift certificate for Door County.
Glidden Lodge Beach Resort has quite a few specials running for the holidays and throughout the winter. This resort is found south of Jacksonport on the beach with icy pictures of beautiful Lake Michigan. They offer specials for everything from Tranquil Spa Retreats, Family Affairs, Romance, Wine Lover’s, Winter Fling and Winter Wonderland Trolley.
Eagle Harbor Inn is a quaint B&B located in the heart of Ephraim with spectacular water views. They have various rooms available starting at $86 a night. They are offering a Winter Magic Package which includes a two night stay in a fireplace and whirlpool suite, a champagne and chocolate welcome, breakfast in bed and a Swedish massage for two for $393.
The Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, a small country inn nestled in the heart of Ephraim, creates the perfect setting for a romantic getaway anytime of the year.
Shoreline Resort, located on the top of the Peninsula, has stunning views of the Green Bay Waters and provides that seclusion you’re looking for.
Recent News & Deals
- Holiday Dining in Door County, WI
- December 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Holiday Tree Lightings, Christmas in the Village, Polar Plunge & NYE Festivities!
- November 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Tree Lightings, Christmas by the Bay, Capture the Spirit, & Holly Days!