Door County is even more beautiful in the winter months, providing family fun on skis, skates, snowshoes, sledding, ice fishing and snowmobiling – often followed by fireside conversation over a cup of hot chocolate.
There are a great variety of year ’round restaurants located all over the Peninsula and on Washington Island that serve delicious winter fare. You can watch or take the Annual Jacksonport Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day. There are lots of lodging facilities with heated pools and spas for those who decide to become a polar bear!
Barbara Morrow has just written about 13 Reasons to Love Door County in Winter, her recent feature in Midwest Living Magazine. Throughout the winter, Ski Door County will post the latest weekly cross-country ski trail and snow reports.
Door County top lodging hospitality providers have some great winter packages and special deals…
- Applecreek Resort, located on top of the hill at the north end of Fish Creek has a great special. When you book a package there, you receive a collection of 10% discount dining certificates good at the English Inn and at the Top of the Hill Cafe. They add 10% discount shopping certificates redeemable at: Paul David Jewelry & Gifts, Hideside Boutique, Lavender Spa, Renard’s Cheese, Azure Men’s Apparel and O’Meara’s Irish House, as well as a $5 gift card from Fish Creek Oilerie & Spice and discounts on Mayberry’s Carriages, and Door County Trolley Tours. There are may other different packages on their Website.
- Glidden Lodge Beach Resort’s Winter Specials are numerous to say the least. Spend your weekend on the shores of Lake Michigan just north of Sturgeon Bay. With packages ranging from Winter Wonderland Trolley to Family Affair to Tranquil Spa Retreat, there is something for everyone.
- Settlement Courtyard Inn just outside of Fish Creek offers both a great place to stay, but also the onsite Lavender Spa for your relaxation. For a relaxing winter escape, enjoy the spacious and luxurious Coach House. Winter rate for 2 people $229 and $259 for 4 people. To take advantage of the spa, check out the winter couples spa package $676 which includes 2 nights and Refresher Couples Massage or Create your own package by telling them what you want – available through March 31, 2012
- Bay Shore Inn minutes north of Sturgeon Bay has great specials for the off-season. Check out their Quiet Time Special which gets you a free night when you stay two nights. If that’s not enough, check out the Winter Wonderland Trolley Tour Package available through March 31, 2012 that includes a Friday and Saturday night stay in one of their beautiful one-bedroom water view suites and includes a free $25 Door County Visitor Bureau Gift Certificate. The Trolley will pick you up Saturday morning at Bay Shore Inn at 9:45 am for a tour of two award winning wineries, followed by a cozy sleigh ride and topped off with a fireside lunch at the White Gull Inn. Weekend packages for a couple start at $318+tax, packages for 2 couples sharing a two bedroom suite start at $468+tax. This trolley tour is only offered on Saturdays. The indoor pool, hot tub and fitness room are open year round, so call today to make your reservation!
- Lodgings at Pioneer Lane is offering a great special for the off season. Midweek nights start at $109 and Friday – Saturday starts at $139. Lodgings at Pioneer Lane is a small country inn, nestled in the heart of Ephraim, a most picturesque vacation destination. The inn is just steps from shops and dining.
Recent News & Deals
- Holiday Dining in Door County, WI
- December 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Holiday Tree Lightings, Christmas in the Village, Polar Plunge & NYE Festivities!
- November 2022 – Last Minute Lodging in Door County, WI – Winter Markets, Tree Lightings, Christmas by the Bay, Capture the Spirit, & Holly Days!